Field service companies face many challenges such as delay in generation of the work order, difficulty in getting sign-off from customers and tracking the employees. For better coordination, enhanced synchronization, and adequate mobility of information, a proper management system is necessary.
Most of the companies utilize an archaic module to handle field service requirements. Few use ERP system extensions for a better capability for handling scheduling and dispatching tasks. And, at the ground level companies also use spreadsheets and employ manual processes to manage stuff. This does neither promise any remarkable productivity nor saves them much from expenses. To address these issues in dispersed work environments, a solution has been developed as field service management software.
The service management software has many positive points. Few to include are systematization and synchronization of the service processes, enhanced tracking process and increased mobility and easy integration with ERP system of the company. Organizations that are geographically much dispersed such as oil refineries, a mining company, paper manufacturing company etc. need a solution to synchronize their assets and equipment for better monitoring of resources, informed inspections, and easy handling of maintenance tasks. Service management software addresses all these issues.
Here are few notable benefits of Service management software:
- The automated operation: Service management system software helps in automating and streamlining the operations of a dispersed organization. It provides a robust way of planning and scheduling operations and thereby reduces the time and money wasted in implementing inefficient methods.
Service management software supports coordination of tasks by dynamic scheduling process that can deal with different planning and scheduling variables. It eliminates all the manual handling processes and implements the software to manage.
- Optimization of resources: The process of assignment and routing of field staff is enhanced with Service management software, and improves the profitability of the organization. It is said that dispatch optimization lets the crew staff take up as many jobs as possible each day. Alternatively, the productivity is increased.
Service management software eases the selection of crew members by pushing visibility into important factors like skills, certifications, time obligations, service level agreements etc.
- Better co-ordination: The Service management software streamlines and eases the process of field service lifecycle Earlier, in these field industries, there was no co-ordination between the different processes and workflow was synchronized. Service management software sorts out all these problems and increases the profit and productivity greatly.
- Employee Satisfaction: Implementing service management software in field service organizations helps the employees to have better access to necessary information. Use of mobile phones with service management software installed facilitates access to all the required data at fingertips. This, on the other hand, improves job satisfaction in the workplace.
- Customer relationship: A business’s growth depend on its customers. If the customers are not satisfied, such business cannot survive for long. The easiest way of achieving customer satisfaction and building a better relationship is by employing a solution that can deal with this scenario. And, service management software incorporates the benefits of CRM system as well.